Studio Lead UIBigpoint GmbH, September 2011 – February 2014
Growing my soft and managerial skills I took the role of Studio Lead UI which basically put me - and my colleagues for 3D and Concept - in the position of leading the entire studio’s art disciplines across the products. As the name suggests organisational efforts overtook hands-on creation of art.
As Studio UI Lead at Bigpoint in Hamburg I am involved in - or at least aware of - any User interface within our games. The art style varies by genre from core to casual. Managerial tasks have strongly increased, but once in a while I can get my hands dirty too.
Bigpoints huge portfolio creates a thrilling and always changing artistic environment, that requires fast perception. Keeping up to date with common user interface design guidelines is a must - and a lot of fun.
Template creation, process optimization and documentation take up most of my time. Fortunately I improved my communication skills quickly, constantly striving for new challenges. If you're interested in User Interface Design and can imagine working with us, please let me know.
- Weekly Art review for 14 UI & 2D artists
- UI artist recruitment & recommendation
- UI advice & guidance new and live products
- UI artist development and career evaluation (Performance feedback & Guidance)
- UI pipeline, documentation process optimization
- Artist training (UI, 2D)
- Art direction & improvement payment & board design
- Best practice and UI art template creation
- Weekly report and critical evaluations to the Head of Art
- Pushing art culture, community and perception
- Regular communication with management, products, artists, human resources, developers, ux
- Various presentations (Pitch, Process, Training)